Monday, June 21, 2010

Monday again.




Remember when people actually used Myspace? I know it wasn't that long ago, but for some reason it feels like it's been forever. You go on there now and it's like a ghost town of abandoned profiles with status updates frozen in time. They had a really great feature on there called Bulletins. It's probably where the Twitter guys got their idea and now Facebook works pretty much the same way. It was just a way to write something short or share a link and all of the people on your friends list see it at the same time. Kind of like sky writing on the internet. When I was at my most active on Myspace, back when I had lots of time on my hands (oh like I don't still have too much time on my hands) I had a daily bulletin that I would post called Quin's Daily Youtube Bulletin. I would post everything from old music videos to short films to trailers or just something bizarre and random. I enjoyed it and i actually got tons of feedback from people. That was where I came up with the idea for this blog. I figured it was more space to post things and write about them and that there would be a potentially bigger audience. I'm sure that's still a possibility but it hasn't happened yet. So until all of the people show up this is just a place for me to work on my writing skills and be a little silly. It's so much easier to be silly when there's no one watching, even though you know there's a possibility that someone might walk in at any time.

So I was thinking back on some of the youtube videos I had found and posted and thought I would put together a few that stand out as some of my favorites.

old music video:

Yello "I Love You"



short film:

Bambi Meets Godzilla



trailer:

"Who's Afraid of VIrginia Woolf?"



bizarre:

"Skateboarding Girls"



Well, I think that's about all for today. Class is dismissed.

No comments: