Saturday, November 22, 2008

If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out...

I figured, since I am obsessed with movies, a great starting point for this blog would be a trailer for my favorite film of all time. Luckily, it's a movie that a lot of people I have talked to have never even heard of before. That film is Harold and Maude. It just so happens that I am also obsessed with music, and this film has one of the best soundtracks ever! It's all Cat Stevens songs. 

So, in case you are wondering why this blog is called The Best Thing I Have Ever Seen, it's pretty much because there are lots of pop culture references floating around inside my brain and they needed an outlet. I am one of those people who is super passionate about the things I love, and what I want to do here is show you all of the things I love. I would also imagine that along the way I will discover some new things as well, whether it be a website I hadn't seen before or a link to an art exhibit that you should see. I'll post it all here for you. 

I guess that's all the introduction this thing needs, so let's get to that trailer...

Harold And Maude (1971)
directed by Hal Ashby and starring Bud Cort and Ruth Gordon




Here's Cat Stevens performing "Where Do The Children Play?" in 1976.



1 comment:

Lori said...

That was the strangest trailor I've ever seen. :9